Wednesday, September 2, 2009

American Icon



To me George S. Patton is a big inspiration in the way of how he scared the crap out of his soldiers. Although some thought of him as the devil himself to me he showed what many other people have tried and failed at, leadership and trying to inspire people.

He was a man that with a look of his eyes could intimidate you to the point where you just were scared like crazy. Having survived two world wars Patton was a man of respect. With time came many controversy about him being a tough commander but he still kept his head down and kept moving forward.

This man was a great American icon because so many people were inspired by his leadership and his fearless actions to create many books, movies, and other media frenzies.




The reason I think that Chuck Taylor became an
America icon is because of how he helped you could say define a generation. The reason that is could be that the shoes have sold over hundreds and thousands of shoes worldwide.

What this icon represents to me is how a single man was able to make himself a person that would probably will never be forgotten. This to me represents the opportunity that I have to leave my footprint on earth and so that I can help shape not only my future but the future of many people or things to come.

This icon became important to me because I r
emember seeing pictures of my dad when he was young wearing only red high tops converse. I ask my mom and she said that just about every time my dad dress casual those shoes were on, and now I always wear converse. To me and maybe my father converse were more than shoes but a part of who we are.





To me George Lucas is a man of inspiration, why? Because when everyone told him he couldn’t do it he just kept his head down and just pushed forward. The father of the world of Star Wars he went from being a person with a simple dream to a multi millionaire with just a simple dream.

The reason I think that George Lucas reformed America is because he gave nerds something to watch on those lonely Saturday nights, kids a hero to look up to, and Americans just another reason to spend money on pointless movie collectibles worth hundreds of dollars.

This icon help shaped America because of the fact that his imagination became a symbol of heroism, creating characters like Indiana Jones, and the world of Star Wars. He has worked in a range from movies to books to a new generation of online gaming and lots of video games.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post, Ruben! I really enjoyed the family story about the red converse hightops. Thanks for sending me the link!

    ReplyDelete