Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Final Product

Artist Statement:

Leverage

Ruben Segura

September 14, 2009

To many people history is just another class to catch some sleep from the night before. I guess I would have been the first to snore in the class. It took a topic that really motivated me to not make me sleepy. On the day I read the book Band of Brothers, that book, gave me a reason to want to study more.

Movies interested me for a long time, just like many other people. After I watched the entire series I decided that it would probably be very interesting to go in and study more on the subject of World War 2. Helping me to get an interest in history, I went deeper and deeper almost to the point of obsession to try to find out more and more about it. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom,” said by a man who also inspired my movement into history, George S. Patton.

Between going from studying the airborne movement through Germany and Patton’s third army through Africa, I was able to find a sort of leverage into my ability to get an interest into things. I focused into studying and looking up books, articles, movies just to try to get a better understanding of who these people were and why they decided to act when many just stood in the side lines.

Someone once said, “A small key opens big doors.” That was the reason for my success. I believed I had opened the doors to the kingdom of curiosity. They say that curiosity killed the cat. Well, to me the curiosity gave me a reason keep going forward. If we could all use this concept to be able to open the doors to try to motivate ourselves into the future and what we can do. Use the key to try to obtain leverage on your mind to be able to stay awake and interested anywhere from that boring faculty meeting, to that class where you simply fall asleep after the first two sentences.

The best part about it is that you never know how small that key might be. To me, a book. To you maybe a simple movie. The thing to remember: always try to find that key.

Sources:

Key Quote.

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/turkish_proverb/, Turkish Proverb quotes

September 11, 2009

George S. Patton

http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/2130, Quote DB,

September 11, 2009

Band of Brothers Book

Band Of Brothers. Simon & Schuster, 2001. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment